Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Game

The game at the country club was successful.  My first hand out of the box netted me $5 - it was the singles and pairs 2468, so I felt redeemed.  Marcia made the big hand!  Yay!  Two other players tried it after opening strong with three soaps, but, alas, the elusive hand only wanted Marcia.  
Much talk about the famed Brian Semple - winner of three tournaments in a row and co-founder of Manhattan Mahjong.  Congratulations, Brian.  I have always wondered what it takes to play such a consistently good game.  I always see the same names up there on the tournament score sheets.  My score is always around the middle, although once in a while I have a lucky streak.  What are you guys doing that I'm not? 
Tournament in Bellemore, Long Island on Sunday, December 12.
For more info, check out:   http://4winds-mahjongg.com/
Hope to see you there and see my name somewhere above gthe middle.   Look out, Brian! 

No comments:

Post a Comment